- Fixed Wing Service CAMTS Accredited since 2000
- Rotor Wing Service CAMTS accredited since 2004
- AAMS - voting member
- Arizona Department of Health Services Certified and Licensed
- FAA Part 135 air carrier certificate with air ambulance operations
- Four FAA Part 145 repair station certificates (engines/airframe,
propeller, avionics, and instruments)
Scope of services
Sun Care Air Ambulance provides a 24 hour per day critical care
fixed wing medical transport service to adult and pediatric patients. For Rotor Wing availability please contact us at: 800-327-0906
Patients are accompanied bedside to bedside by two highly skilled
medical transport specialists consisting of a Flight RN and Paramedic.
The flight crew will arrive bedside at your request and will update
your facility of changes in patient status or ETA.
Who can accompany the patient?
Most patients may be accompanied by an adult family member or loved
one at no charge, at the discretion of the flight crew, providing
patient condition allows. In such circumstances when a patient’s
family member cannot ride along in the ambulance, Sun Care Air Ambulance
will fly the patient’s family members in a separate, support
aircraft at no charge as an added service to the patients of the
communities we serve.
Back to top
Each air ambulance has been equipped with an intensive care module
unit designed specifically for the transport of critically ill or
injured patients, which include:
- Alternative Power and Lighting source
- EMS Communications
Each flight crew carries equipment specially designed for the monitoring
and care of patients during a critical care transport,
- Propak 206 with invasive monitoring capabilities
- Minimed III 5.0 software
- Lifepac 10 with pacing capabilities
- Univent 750 or Hamilton Portable Vents
Two DataScope Intra Aortic Balloon Pumps designed for transport
of the cardiac patient experiencing cardiogenic shock, MI, severe
vessel disease, etc.
Back to Top
Participating provider for:
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Rural Arizona Network (RAN)
- Sierra Health / Health Plan of Nevada
- And more. . .
Economical rates and payment plans are negotiated for uninsured
or private-pay patients.
Back to Top
To Activate Our Service, please call: 800-327-0906